| Introduction and Key Ideas:
- Rubrics clarify teachers' definitions of excellence and assist
them in planning how to help students achieve excellence.
- Rubrics communicate to students what comprises excellent performance
and how students should evaluate their own performance.
- Rubrics communicate performance goals to parents and other stakeholders.
- Rubrics help teachers or other rater be accurate, unbiased,
and consistent in scoring.
- Rubrics document the procedures used to judge students.
background information about rubrics